BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, May 21, 2010

First Week at Joseph Beth and in Cinci

I had my internship this week (as I will almost every week), and it was really interesting. I met with two different publishing companies and spent all day in a meeting with them discussing books and purchases. Mary Ann, from Penguin, was really sweet and loved to talk about absolutely everything. Kate (I'm pretty sure that's her name) on the other hand, was really nice, but was very by the book and whipped through her list. It's really interesting how many different personalities there are. Both were so eager to talk to me, and I'm really excited about their books. I took 10 home this week that I have to read and review, so it looks like I'll be having a very busy weekend.

As for being in Cincinnati, hanging out with my roommate from freshman year, Katie, was excellent. I arrived in Cinci at around 10:30pm on Tuesday, and the first thing I did was go to karaoke with SAE next door to Katie (who lives in Theta). It was so much fun, because I hate staying in, and was afraid that's what I'd be doing. Wednesday we went to the same house for a party (it was Patty Murphy week, so they were partying all week). I also saw Katie's family on Wednesday night, which was fun because I haven't seen them since last spring. They're such a fun bunch (6 children=yay).

I had to come home early from my internship, since Amy, who is my ride to and from, got sick. So I wasn't able to do my internship today, which is really sad, but hopefully I'll be able to go back this week. That being said, I'm going to spend the rest of the day reading. :)

0 comments

Post a Comment