BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, May 15, 2010

Music Theory Conference

So this week I have spent a huge ton of time working on the Music Theory Mid Western Conference that was hosted by Miami this weekend. On Wednesday, I went in and stuffed folders, organizing them in alphabetical order and putting them into containers, taking them over to Presser for the registration. Thursday, we continued to stuff the folders, finish all last minute planning, and made sure all the small details were finished.

Friday was the beginning of the conference. We had expected about 60 people, and there ended up being 100, which is a huge, huge jump, especially for a music theory conference. It was really exciting. Some really cute boy was there, too, which was fun, because it meant he was cute *and* nerdy. The sessions were really, really interesting, and I really enjoyed absolutely everything about them. I could not make it through the last session, though. There were two more speeches, and about halfway through the second to last one, I was so theory-overloaded that I needed to escape for a while.

Saturday was about the same, though less people. The talks were pretty interesting, as well, and there were speeches on Elton John and the Beetles, so they were pretty cool. I was excited. After lunch, I decided to skip the last session and just come back to clean up, with permission of Dr. Boge, of course.

Dr. Boge is perhaps my favorite teacher at Miami. She is fun, she is crazy, and she is so understanding. She and I talked until 7pm on Wednesday, 5pm on Thursday, and for another hour today. We talked about people, life, thinking, and generations. She's also never been to Bagel and Deli, so that will be a must soon. After she calms down from the intense planning she's been doing for this conference. :D

0 comments

Post a Comment