BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Roommates and Friends

So Madi, my roommate for the year, finally moved in on Friday. I was distracted by the Conference and wasn't really able to help her out, but I really like having someone else here. Friday night was really nice. We rearranged the house so that I was sleeping in my room (something I was uncomfortable with doing living by myself). Then, for dinner, we went to her friend's place. She has told me his name multiple times, but I fail at remembering it. It's Nate (she just told me). Saturday, she had her boyfriend, Ricky, over, which was fun. We attempted to watch Bones, and just having people and sound in the apartment really lightened it up.

Sunday Amy moved in. Amy is going to be living here for about 6 weeks, not counting the weekends, for classes. It's nice, because then she can drive me to my internship, which will be in Cincinnati (as you already know).

Oh, important note. I went to my friend, Michael Cain's house on Sunday night to watch a movie. After his finding out that I had never seen Happy Feet, he insisted we watch it. I'm glad we did, because it was most excellent. I can't stop thinking about the fun, one liners from the movie, and the awesome characters.

Monday, Madi and Amy started their classes. Meanwhile, I worked. I met with one of the teachers I will be UAing with, who is kind of crazy, but mostly awesome. We discussed the syllabus a lot, still in its beginning stages. It's so interesting how much detail goes into just designing a class. Kyle, another student manager coworker, brought me over a lamp for my room, and we talked a while waiting for the rain to subside. It was nice. My friend Abby came over for about an hour and we just chitchatted.

One thing I really like about this week compared to last week is that there are people in my life. Roommates and friends are here since classes are finally starting, and I'm getting closer to those at work. It's really exciting. :D

0 comments

Post a Comment